By Lindsay Sibson
There are many, many, MANY reasons to be obsessed with avocados.
I know I am (they’re one of my lazy go-to dinner items when I don’t feel like cooking).
Their health benefits are abundant, their creamy texture is satisfying and they leave you feeling great and energized.
It’s about time you take your relationship with avocados to the NEXT level and sweeten it up a bit.
What I’m talking about is using avocado for desserts! Yum!
Benefits Of Avocados
- Packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants
- Vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- Loaded with heart-healthy fatty acids
- Makes it easier to absorb fat solubles such as vitamins A, K, D and E
- Rich fiber content
- Great for weight loss by making you feel fuller longer
3 Unique Avocado Dessert Recipes
- ¼ cup ripe avocado
- 6 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Stevia to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Place into a small container and freeze for 3 hours.
- After frozen, scoop out mixture and form into balls.
- Mix together equal parts cocoa powder, coconut oil and pure maple syrup.
- Dip the balls in this sauce or drizzle over top.
- Place balls back in freezer to harden.
- Store in freezer for up to 3 days.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Popsicle moulds
- In a blender, add avocados, coconut milk, honey, vanilla and mint extract.
- Process until well blended.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse several times to combine.
- Pour half of the mixture into a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoon cacao powder to blender and blend.
- Using the popsicle moulds, alternate layers of the mint (green) and chocolate (brown) mixtures.
- Allow to set in freezer for 2 hours.
- 1 ½ ripe avocados
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Add all ingredients into blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add more milk to thin out mixture.
- Add more cocoa powder for richer chocolate flavor.
- Divide into serving glasses and cover with plastic wrap (press down into pudding to prevent a skin from forming).
- Chill for a few hours.
- Serve - sprinkle with crushed nuts, whipped cream, or coconut flakes.
Do you have an avocado dessert recipe to SHARE? Please tell us in the comments below!
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
- Time To Be HAPPY: What You Need To Let Go Of Right NOW - May 22, 2016
- 9 Tips To Reduce Your Chemical Exposure - May 15, 2016
- Use Rosemary Oil To Improve Your Health - May 11, 2016