By Lindsay Sibson
Soft, chewy, gooey and chocolatey.
Need I say anymore?
There really is no other way to describe these delightful sweet potato brownies. It will be love at first bite!
Not that you NEED any more reason to eat these yummy brownies, but they are also made with good-for-you ingredients so that you can “indulge” in these delights and still truly benefit.
Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup of cooked sweet potato (pureed)
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use coconut oil to grease an 8X8 pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine: sweet potato puree, avocado, honey, vanilla and applesauce.
- Once creamy, add cacao powder
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix: coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool then spread frosting.
- To make frosting: mix all ingredients together until creamy.
- Personalize it:
- Add crushed nuts to the top: almonds, pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts
- Sprinkle coconut flakes
- Mix in dried fruit for added flavor
Now… don’t go eating the whole tray by yourself! SEND this article to the person you want to SHARE these sweet potato brownies with!
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
- Time To Be HAPPY: What You Need To Let Go Of Right NOW - May 22, 2016
- 9 Tips To Reduce Your Chemical Exposure - May 15, 2016
- Use Rosemary Oil To Improve Your Health - May 11, 2016