By Lindsay Sibson
Eating hot soup + warm weather = NO.
Separately, hot soup and warm weather are absolutely fantastic. But, when you put them together, the only word that comes to mind is MELT. Not the kind of thoughts you want to have while enjoying your lunch.
With summer right around the corner, it’s time to prepare yourself with some warm weather-friendly recipes that are light, refreshing and delicious.
This easy-to-make chilled cucumber soup will certainly become a go-to on a hot summer’s day. It’s low in calories, yet will keep you feeling full and deliver an abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Benefits Of Cucumber Soup
- 2 seedless cucumbers, chopped
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 32 ounces vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp organic greek yogurt
- Put the cucumbers, avocados, lime juice, scallions and yogurt into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Slowly add the vegetable or chicken stock. Blend again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime zest
Refreshing, cool and crisp. Enjoy!
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
- Time To Be HAPPY: What You Need To Let Go Of Right NOW - May 22, 2016
- 9 Tips To Reduce Your Chemical Exposure - May 15, 2016
- Use Rosemary Oil To Improve Your Health - May 11, 2016