I have another flourless and nut free cookie for you!! And…these are anti-inflammatory cookies!! If you have not heard of tumeric or curcumin and all of it’s benefits…you must go google it now! I try to get tumeric in my diet daily and supplement with it as well. I use the spice on meat, the root in my green drinks or in my ginger lemonade. Ginger is also a health super star for many reasons and pairs well with tumeric! Adding a bit of black pepper to whatever you are adding tumeric to, it increases tumeric’s bioavailability. That is why you will find black pepper in this recipe…and I wanted to give it a bit of bite!
- 1 cup coconut butter, softened (also known as coconut manna or coconut creme concentrate)*
- ½ cup granulated sweetener (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 heaping tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- ⅛ tsp or more black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Place the coconut butter, egg and vanilla in a food processor and combine
- Add in the sweetener, soda and all spices, blend until combined
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet**
- Press each cookie down with your palm, these don't spread much
- Bake at 350 or 10-15 minutes or until a bit brown
- These cookies are fragile when warm, so let them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet. Remove and let them cool completely on a cooling rack. They will harden up as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container
**If dough does not form into a ball because it is too runny, place batter in the fridge for a few minutes to harden it.
Source: Kate’s Healthy Cupboard
Make use of this information to hype up your very own detoxification! Start now!
The detoxification process can also take in the form of a juice fast. Here at FitLife.TV, we recommend people to try the Alpha Reset (AR). The Alpha Reset is a 5 Day Juice Fast. It is part of the Juice with Drew System. This is the first step in your detoxification process. If you are just starting out with juicing, do not jump right into a juice fast right away. Just try 1 juice per day along with the rest of your nutrition and see how your body responds. If your body responds well to juicing, then ramp up the number of juices per day. These healthy, nutrient-dense juices can replace that coffee you reach for in the morning or that soda in the afternoon. Here are some of our followers that have tried the Alpha Reset!
If you’re ready to take the first step, begin your transformation by clicking the transformations below!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only. The author, Drew Canole, and the associated www.fitlife.tv are not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition or exercise program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Drew Canole and Fitlife.tv claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- Home Remedies for Eczema - November 10, 2014
- Ginger Tumeric Cookies - November 10, 2014
- New Research Finds Memory Loss Can be Reversed by This Common Food - November 10, 2014