Do you feel like your life’s on repeat? Like you can’t ever get ahead? Like the same patterns keep popping up over and over?
Today, we’re going to talk about breaking you OUT of that destructive pattern so that you can find lasting freedom with your health and life!
From working with hundreds of people and helping them transform their health and lives, I’ve noticed that people that stay stuck in the same patterns typically have one or both of the following things going on:
- The system they are using for success.
- Fears or beliefs keeping them stuck in their comfort zone.
A person with the best beliefs but a system that doesn’t work is going to keep getting the same frustrating results, just as a person that has a proven system but doesn’t believe in himself or has a deep rooted fear that’s holding him back can keep getting the same frustrating results too; I don’t want that for you!
What’s great is that if you are here, you have been exposed to a system that works through FitLife, so now we just have to make sure that you and your belief system are fully enrolled in the process!
What Is A Limiting Belief?
A belief defines an idea or principle that you judge to be true. Many of your beliefs were formed at a very young age without you even knowing it was happening and throughout your life, those beliefs have gotten reaffirmed or reformed through your experiences.
The beliefs you hold to be true make up the fabric of your experience. They define how you perceive the world, who you are and ultimately everything you think you are capable of.
The stronger a belief is, the more noticeable the things in your experience that support that belief are and the more validated the belief becomes.
The brain LOVES patterns and making things automatic. It’s an attachment machine. Your brain becomes intimately entangled with ideas that you believe are true and emotionally allergic to ideas that you feel contradict or oppose them.
This is great if at your core you believe you are worthy and capable of love, happiness, health and success. But it gets a little sticky if you believe you are unworthy and incapable of achieving those things.
Belief is a powerful tool that can completely impact your perception of and reactions to all the factors of life. For instance, it’s a wonderful thing if you believe at your core that health is easy, but if you believe that health is hard and takes a lot of work, then nearly everything that happens in your life will be experienced through that point of view, meaning health stays hard for you…
Belief validated… cycle repeats.
Beliefs get so ingrained into your existence that they literally write the story for your entire life. What a lot of people don’t realize is that, just because you believe something to be true, doesn’t actually make it true.
The only reason your beliefs hold any weight at all is because you have agreed upon them. This is actually really great news! It means that YOU have the power to completely reprogram your beliefs and therefore, re-write the story for your life.
Common Limiting Beliefs And Fears That Could Be Holding You Back
- Low Self-Efficacy – Lacking belief in your capacity to execute behaviors necessary to get your desired outcome. This typically results in you never trying or just giving up before the breakthrough.
- Secondary Gains – The benefits or payoff you are getting from not solving the problem. This will look like you doing the same thing on repeat because of the secondary benefit.
- Fear Of Loss – Fear of what you will have to give up in order to get your desired result, fear of losing yourself or your identity, fear of who you may lose once you get there.
- Fear Of Your Own Brilliance – Fear of your power and what that will mean for the rest of your life.
What’s really great is that, once you recognize a belief and all the pain it’s costing you, you have the POWER to reprogram that belief with a new and empowering one that can make your success become second nature and automatic.
Imagine believing that…
- You are a healthy person and your vitality comes easily to you – and then actually living a healthy and happy life with ease.
- You are fully capable of achieving freedom from your struggle – and then actually living a life without your struggle holding you back.
- You are worthy of a big and beautiful life – and then actually living a magnificent life pursuing your dreams.
How To Reprogram Your Beliefs
- Recognize the fear or belief.
- Acknowledge the cost or negative affects of it on your life.
- Suggest a new empowering belief to replace the limiting belief with.
2. Build Up References
- Visualization (this is an amazing tool to help build proof for your brain since the belief with the most proof wins).
- Act in accordance to your new beliefs – even if it feels like a “fake it till you make it” scenario, keep pressing forward. You may be surprised how living how you want to believe can transform you life.
- It takes time for your new way of being to really be ingrained, but with persistence, it will become natural and ultimately a part of who you are.
ACTION is the most critical component here! As you act, your brain will be forced to form new neural pathways to catch you up to your new way of being. Know that resistance when changing beliefs and habits is normal, but when you persist in spite of the resistance, your internal set point will be shifted and your new way of being will require less effort and become your new normal! You got this, friend!
Always remember, we’re in this together!
After turning her own yo-yo weight loss and gain, binge and emotional eating and severe health complications around, Brittany now leads other women internationally to create a life fueled by freedom instead of diets, weight and food obsession as a Blogger, Speaker and International Master Coach. People come to her with issues around their health, eating and weight and a total transformation ends up taking place at their core.
Latest posts by Brittany Brown (see all)
- A Simple Mindset Shift to Boost Your Metabolism – Mindset Monday - April 25, 2016
- 7 Steps To A Healthy Body Image – Saturday Strategy - March 31, 2016
- How To Lose Weight Without Trying – Saturday Strategy - March 18, 2016