Written by: Debbie Clarke
At 62 years old, I wanted to feel alive and healthy again. I wanted to maintain my weight loss long-term. I was tired of being on the end of a yo-yo all my life.
The greatest gift the 90-Day Fitlife Coaching Program has given me is my health. I felt like I was slipping away having trouble getting up off the couch, falling in pain, being out of breath, maintaining a pessimistic mindset and not sleeping.
In January, I was over 200 lbs again and feeling hopeless. My health had declined again – I had high blood pressure, high sugar levels, LDL, cholesterol and too much weight.
In the Facebook group, Juicing Vegetables, I heard Drew talk about the 90-day Coaching Program and his words motivated me to join. I was assigned to Coach Lorna, who helped me customize a plan that worked for me.
I love the recipes, the juicing, the education, the new mindset and all the support this program has given me long-term that fits my lifestyle. All the recipes are delicious – I would have to say my favorite is the *Quinoa Garbanzo Burgers (yummy!). As for the juices, I have a new favorite each week as my taste buds evolve. Right now, I am loving the *Very Veggie with Jalapeno. Hot and Spicy! *recipes below
Over the years, I have participated in several weight loss programs, looking for the one that would work for me. I lived in the gym, counted down the days until it was over so I could eat again, restricted, with no gatherings and no dining out. Two years ago I lost 60 lbs and gained most of it back. I could drop the weight but not maintain the weight loss long-term.
The Fitlife Coaching Program is so easy, simple and customized for each person at their own pace. I am more relaxed, I can be social, I don’t live in the gym, I go out to eat and I am not counting down the days until I can eat again – and I don’t want this program to end. I’ve finally found the key that allows me to live a healthy life while doing the things I enjoy.
I am the type of person who “wants it yesterday.” Something I remind myself is that “a blade of grass grows a days growth in a days time.” The biggest lesson I learned through this process is that winning is in the journey and my success is achieved through my failures.
If you are stuck or afraid to try this program, what do you have to lose? If you do try and you fail, you will come out a winner! That, my friend, is what sets this program apart from all the others.
We are all in this together!
Debbie’s 90-Day Stats:
Starting weight: 201
End of 90 day transformation: 174.4
Loss of 26.6 lbs and 21 inches
Clothes from size 20 to size 14
Here are 2 of my favorite recipes… enjoy!
- 2 Tomato
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Carrot
- Greens (hand full)
- Fresh Dill (½ bunch)
- Parsley (small bunch)
- Garlic (1-2 cloves)
- Jalapeno (to taste)
- I have masticating juicer, Omega 8006 so I juice in this order tomato, greens, dill, parsley, garlic, jalapeno, cucumber and carrot. Be careful of the jalapeno - this pepper is spicy!
- 1c garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ c cooked quinoa
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- bunch of fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 5 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- Avocado and tomato slices (optional)
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a large pan, saute onions and garlic on low heat until soft then remove from heat. (careful not to burn)
- Set aside diced red pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Put garbanzo beans in a food processor and process into a thick, textured paste and transfer into large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients to the processed garbanzo beans, including 2 Tbsp of chickpea flour (set the remaining flour aside) and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle a cutting board (preferably wood) with remaining chickpea flour. Take a small handful of mixture into your hands and roll into a small ball (lemon size) and press gently on the cutting board to form a patty.
- Reheat the pan the onions were cooked in, add 1 Tbsp coconut oil and cook the patties about 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
- Serve in lettuce wraps with avocado and tomato slices.
Debbie is a certified Fitlife.tv Coach - Transform with Debbie: https://goo.gl/p1nJa4