By Lindsay Sibson
Whether you have been hibernating indoors these past few winters months or have “fallen off the bandwagon” and ordered one too many nights of take-out, your body is most likely in MAJOR need of a spring cleaning!
Just like you clear out your closets and reorganize your external environment, it is also wise (and incredibly beneficial to your health) to give your body a refresher.
An excellent place to start is focusing on detoxing your lymphatic system. Let’s take a closer look at what that means and more importantly, HOW you can detox your body.
What Is Your Lymphatic System?
- A drainage system that helps your body get rid of excess waste products and fluids.
- A network of tubes throughout your body that drain lymph (fluid) from tissues and empties it back into your bloodstream.
- Lymph is filtered through your spleen, thymus and lymph nodes before being unloaded into your blood.
- Roles of the lymphatic system:
- Manage the fluid levels of your body.
- Filter out bacteria.
- House types of white blood cells.
Why You Need To Drain Your Lymphatic System
Great health starts from the inside and in order to get a healthy glow, it is necessary to detox your body from time to time. This is especially true if you have “treated yourself” to too many processed foods, desserts or alcohol.
When your lymphatic system is not working properly, toxins, chemicals and even cancer cells can linger in your system.
Lymphatic fluid is flowing all throughout your body, even in your eyes. Therefore, when you “clean” your insides, your eyes will become clearer and brighter too!
Luckily, detoxing your body is as easy as tapping into that lymphatic system of yours – let’s take a look at HOW you can get started today:
How To Help Detox And Drain Your Lymphatic System
|Eat Raw Foods||
You will be sure to have a spring in your step after detoxing your lymphatic system with the methods listed above.
Do you have a fresh body detox tip that you can SHARE with others? We would love to hear from you in the comments below!
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
- Time To Be HAPPY: What You Need To Let Go Of Right NOW - May 22, 2016
- 9 Tips To Reduce Your Chemical Exposure - May 15, 2016
- Use Rosemary Oil To Improve Your Health - May 11, 2016