World’s Best Organifi Matcha Green Tea Latte!
Hi there! My name is Shanna Mota and I am a passionate Fitlife Ambassador and the founder of Live Love Detox, a Holistic Wellness Movement. I am currently participating in my 30-Day Clean Eating challenge alongside my clients.
One thing I encourage when participating in any type of detox or cleanse is finding a HEALTHY alternative for the things that you love, rather than completely eliminating them. I find that when you do this, you are more likely to be compliant and adopt these habits long term. I believe in balance rather than depriving yourself of life’s enjoyments.
One of the big things we are eliminating in this program is COFFEE. There are two types of coffee drinkers:
1. Those who just enjoy the taste and comfort of coffee.
These type of coffee drinkers don’t necessarily have coffee every day and if they do, they can skip a day at any time without issue
2. Those who are dependent on coffee for energy. These are the addicts.
They NEED their coffee in the morning in order to wake up. They have difficulty functioning if they don’t have their caffeine boost and if they cut it out, they often experience detox symptoms such as headaches, fatigue and brain fog.
The purpose of cutting coffee out during my detox program is to remove the dependency on coffee for energy. Why? Because your energy should come from the food that you eat.
If you are consuming a nutrient dense, whole food diet, you should wake up with vibrant energy that can get you through the day, rather than depending on an addictive substance.
Coffee aside, I still LOVE beginning my day with a comforting warm beverage, which is why I was inspired to create today’s recipe: Organifi Matcha Green Tea Latte.
It’s super simple, provides the energy my clients crave, is chock-full of amazing benefits and is soooo delicious!
- 1 packet or scoop of Organifi Green Juice
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1-2 tbsp collagen powder
- ⅓ cup full fat coconut milk/cream
- 1.5-2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Add all ingredients (minus cinnamon) in a blender. Blend, pour into your favorite mug and top with cinnamon.
- Instead of collagen powder, use your preferred unsweetened plant-based protein powder.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use 1 heaping tablespoon grass fed butter.
- Instead of hot water you can use homemade almond milk.
- Eliminate matcha green tea – you can still make same recipe without the matcha powder!
- Note: ALL ingredients are approximate, adjust according to taste.
Benefits Of This Morning Elixir
- Organifi Green Juice – GREENS
- Get your GREEN on first thing in the morning
- Balance hormones
- Boost energy
- Support immune system
- Rich in phytonutrients from spirulina and chlorella
- Matcha Green Tea Powder – ANTIOXIDANT
- Has 137 times more antioxidants than regular brewed green tea
- Less acidic and contains less caffeine than coffee
- Supports your body’s detoxification process
- Calms your mind and relaxes your body
- Provides vitamin C, chromium, selenium, zinc and magnesium
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Collagen Protein Powder
- Supports skin health
- Helps strengthen joints and bones
- Supports digestion
- Contains approximately 18 grams of minimally processed protein
- Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Healthy fat boost in the morning
- Keeps you fuller longer, leading to weight loss
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Supports brain and cognitive function
- Has anti inflammatory properties
- Helps to stabilize blood sugar levels
- Supports our metabolism
The benefits of this morning tonic speak for themselves. The Organifi Matcha Green Tea Latte is an easy and simple way to add power-healthy benefits into your diet first thing in the morning!
Let me know in the comments below what you think!
Shanna focuses on group detox programs, educating her clients on how to nourish their bodies with nutrient dense foods, meal preparation techniques, simple healthy recipes and positive mindset exercises, for a full mind and body cleanse.
She is excited to contribute her expertise and knowledge to the Fitlife movement and inspire healthy change to the community.
Latest posts by Shanna Mota (see all)
- Spring Cleaning: The Art Of Letting Go – Mindset Monday - April 11, 2016
- 5 Things They NEVER Told You About Coconut Oil – Saturday Strategy - March 10, 2016
- The Best Superfood Coffee Alternative To Start Your Day – Saturday Strategy - February 4, 2016