These Super Healthy Supplements Can Give You The BOOST You Need
By Lindsay Sibson
“I just want a pill that makes me skinny.”
Has the above thought ever crossed YOUR mind?
I was watching the documentary “Fed Up” the other night when the above statement was made by an obese 13 year-old girl. She had been “eating healthy” and exercising, yet her weight stayed the same and she was very emotional about her daily struggle with health. Tears were rolling down her innocent checks and you couldn’t help but feel her pain and strife.
I have ALSO felt from time to time that it would be a heck of alot easier if there was a magic pill out there that could instantly melt the pounds away and make me feel great! However, you and I both know that that just isn’t realistic.
HOWEVER, taking control of your health and creating impeccable happiness is absolutely a possibility if you embrace:
- A healthy, balanced diet consisting of fresh, organic vegetables, grass-fed meats, wild caught fish and the occasional piece of fruit.
- Moving and exercising your body frequently.
- Practicing self-love and appreciation.
Yeah, yeah, yeah… you have heard it all before, RIGHT?
Well, let’s take it a step FURTHER and look at 6 all-natural supplements that you can take daily that can boost your health, foster inner peace and happiness, create an abundance of energy and leave you feeling vibrantly alive!
6 Supplements That Create Impeccable Health And Happiness
- Probiotics focus on the following powerhouse species that best support gut and brain health:
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus brevis
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Help reduce gut permeability and strengthen your intestinal lining.
- Increases BDNF, your brain’s growth hormone.
- Sustain a balance of bacteria in your gut.
- Reduce LPS, the molecule that creates inflammation.
- DOSE: Speak with a professional at a natural food store to help you select a quality probiotic and then follow the dosage directions on the bottle.
- Take ONLY with filtered water. Chlorine in tap water can kill the probiotic bacteria.
- Important note: To ensure your probiotics are able to flourish and persist in your gut, you must also take 12 grams of prebiotics (via food or supplement).
- Known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Member of the ginger family and is the seasoning that gives curry its yellow color
- Enhances the growth of new brain cells.
- Also effective to use as an antidepressant.
- Curcumin, the active constituent of turmeric, activates genes to produce various antioxidants that protect your mitochondria.
- Improves glucose metabolism.
- Helps maintain healthy balance of gut bacteria.
- DOSE: 500 mg daily, if you are not frequently using it to cook.
- NOT a vitamin, it is actually a hormone produced when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun.
- Associated with bone health and calcium levels, but ALSO has effects on your brain.
- Helps regulate enzymes in your brain that are involved in making neurotransmitters.
- Protects neurons from the damaging effects of free radials.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Performs these tasks through regulating your gut bacteria.
- DOSE: Start with 5,000 IU daily, consult with your doctor to get your levels tested to ensure you are dosing a proper amount.
- Superfuel for your brain!
- Reduces inflammation.
- Increases your energy.
- Enhances your immune system.
- Boosts your metabolism and can help you lose weight.
- Helps prevent and remedy neurodegenerative diseases.
- DOSE: Take 1-2 teaspoons straight (I enjoy adding it to my coffee to create a “latte”).
- Use it when cooking – it is heat stable and safe when cooking at high temperatures.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an omega 3 fatty acid that:
- Makes up more than 90% of the omega-3 fats in your brain!
- Is 50% of the weight of the neuron’s membrane.
- Breast milk is the richest source of DHA, hence its benefits for neurological health.
- HOW to take it: 1,000 mg daily.
- Sometimes found mixed with EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), which is fine to buy.
- Does not matter if it is derived from fish or algae.
- A fatty acid that is found inside EVERY cell in your body.
- Needed to produce energy for your body’s normal functions.
- Crosses the blood-brain barrier and acts as a strong antioxidant in your brain.
- Your body can produce an adequate supply, but because of diet and modern lifestyle choices, it is best to supplement to ensure that you have a healthy supply.
- DOSE: 300 mg daily.
Start creating impeccable health TODAY by selecting at least ONE of the supplements above and adding it into your daily health routine.
What would you add to the list? Please SHARE with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into reality when she stepped on a plane to London, April 17, 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS