Written by: Kat Gal
Some days you just want some bread.
Trouble is that store-bought bread often comes with unwanted and unhealthy additives. Making your own bread can be intimidating, especially if you are working with yeast.
But what if I told you that I have a healthy bread recipe for you that is yeast-free and easy to make?
Well, here it is (you’re welcome)!
It is healthy for you because of its magical ingredients:
- Pumpkin seeds are good for your heart and immune system. They are high in magnesium, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Hemps seeds are one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids. They are anti-inflammatory and a good source in protein. They are high in magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, B vitamins and A vitamins.
- Sesame seeds are a great source of manganese, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, vitamin B1, selenium and dietary fiber.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are good for your heart and your bones. They are also an amazing source of antioxidants.
- Olives are great for your digestion, skin, eyes and bones. They are also a good source of fat.
Here is how you make it, give it a shot and let us know how it goes!
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- Black pepper & oregano (optional and as desired)
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of olives (I used both black and green olives)
- Few slices of sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp of sesame seed
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- Mix dry ingredients except for the sesame seeds.
- Mix in the tomatoes and the olives.
- Add the oil and the water. Mix it and make it into bread shape. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top.
- Bake it for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
You deserve to live a happy and healthy life and Kat is here to show you how to do that. Kat invites you to join the “Happiness Tribe: 2016, the Year of Happiness” on Facebook to create your best year yet within a supportive sisterhood. For more health and happiness tips, visit her website and check out her best-selling program, Your 21-Day Mind-Body-Soul Shake-Up. To contact her for writing assignments, check out her freelance writing website.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
- How To Make Green Juice In Your Food Processor Or Blender (+ Recipe) - May 15, 2016
- 25 Life-Changing Quotes To Get You Through Your Day - May 15, 2016
- Simple Steps To Start Going Green - May 15, 2016